FAQ for New Tutors
What are the requirements in order to become a tutor at Tutorout?
Before applying, please ensure you qualify for the following requirements:
- You are a native English speaker
- Currently attending or have recently graduated from a TOP U.S. university.
- You are independent: You will be deciding the teaching structure and material to
achieve a specific stated goal with your student
- You are adaptable: Different students have different ways of learning
- Some knowledge of Mandarin Chinese is helpful, but IS NOT required
How will I be tutoring the students?
All tutoring will be done over the internet through video chat.
When do I need to be available to tutor?
Scheduling is completely flexible. You just tell us your schedule and we will find students
that are free during those times.
What kind of students can I expect?
Your students will be of Chinese decent who may come from different socio-economic
backgrounds with different interests and goals. They can be outgoing and
talkative or quiet and shy and maybe interested in either studying abroad, improving their English,
What kind of compensation can I expect?
Rates are by the hour and vary depending on the student, exchange rates, and services provided. Rest assured,
it will be much more than a typical college job!